Meandering Shawarma

We are all nomads, bedouins and gypsies --- always on our feet in quest for glory, fortune, love, happiness and fulfillment. I am Filipino yet the best part of my life has been spent in the vast deserts of the Middle East. My culture clashed with a lot of things. Sometimes, I see a different person in the mirror. I am a shawarma. I am a meandering shawarma. My quest is to be home soon. How soon? Only this blog will eventually tell.

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Looking for some thought-provoking statements?

I always read Nestor Torre's collection of television interview bloopers. Here are three from his recent compilation:

Host: What is lacking in your life now? You seem to have everything...
Guest: Oh, there's always something more. You cannot find it, I cannot find it, because it is missing!
***
Host: How important are your friends to you?
Guest: Oh, so important! They're always around even if they aren't around. You know? Friends, we always communicate each other!
***
Host: How do you keep calm in a very tough competition, with so much at stake?
Guest: You just have faith in yourself-and before you compete, you just take a deep breathe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home