Meandering Shawarma

We are all nomads, bedouins and gypsies --- always on our feet in quest for glory, fortune, love, happiness and fulfillment. I am Filipino yet the best part of my life has been spent in the vast deserts of the Middle East. My culture clashed with a lot of things. Sometimes, I see a different person in the mirror. I am a shawarma. I am a meandering shawarma. My quest is to be home soon. How soon? Only this blog will eventually tell.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Winter in Bahrain, Finally!

After a number of false starts, I believe yesterday's cold weather means it is definitely winter in Bahrain. I woke up to an ice-cold shower today. And I started cursing unknown persons for the awful job they have done on our water heater. Unlike my heater in Riyadh, this one does not afford me to enjoy steam! This simply means, the water does not heat very well. Worse, the water is only hot for twenty minutes after that, you will see the dial gradually drop and the water start to freeze and hurt your skin. Worst, after they repaired our water heater, you can barely squeeze water from our sink!

I know it is definitely winter because I saw many garbed in their jackets and sweaters. Many have cold.

I know it is definitely winter because I finally saw the same characters fight for the air conditioner control - one would turn the switch off while another would switch it on.

I know it is definitely winter because I am getting headaches once again. I always have migraine during the change of seasons. Although, I must tell you my migraine is out of control in summertime. :(

I am really glad that it is winter because this is the time when I can once more enjoy leisure walks around Bahrain. ;)

Winter in Bahrain is like a weekend in New England. It reminds me of the one true love who has kept me on my toes throughout life. Thus, despite the biting cold, the lonely night and the cruel chill, I love winter in Bahrain...

...But thoughts of me, holdin' you, bringin' us near

And tell me
When will our eyes meet?
When can I touch you?
When will this strong yearnin' end?
And when will I hold you again?

Time in New England, took me away
Long rocky beaches and you by the bay
We started a story whose end must now wait

And tell me
When will our eyes meet?
When can I touch you?
When will this strong yearnin' end?
And when will I hold you again?

I feel the change comin', I feel the wind blow
I feel brave and daring!, I feel my blood flow, oh
With you I could bring out all the love that I have
With you there's a heaven, so earth ain't so bad

And tell me
When will our eyes meet?
When can I touch you?
When will this strong yearnin' end?
And when will I hold you again?


I love you, Jenn!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home