Meandering Shawarma

We are all nomads, bedouins and gypsies --- always on our feet in quest for glory, fortune, love, happiness and fulfillment. I am Filipino yet the best part of my life has been spent in the vast deserts of the Middle East. My culture clashed with a lot of things. Sometimes, I see a different person in the mirror. I am a shawarma. I am a meandering shawarma. My quest is to be home soon. How soon? Only this blog will eventually tell.

Monday, December 26, 2005

Pilipino

Capt. Nicanor Faeldon, one of the leaders of the so-called Oakwood Mutiny, has filed bail and is on his way to being released. Then, he did the unthinkable - he opted to run away.

Alone, it is impossible for him to wage war against our corrupt, illegitimate government. But on the internet, the battlefield is levelled. He launched an crude website as his opening salvo.

I sympathize with Capt. Faeldon. I have reservations about the Oakwood mutiny then, I am very certain about his advocacies now.

Capt Faeldon says in his website, "I leave to join the fight of ordinary men, out to accomplish something extraordinary. If in the process I die, I die in peace; I know that I die fighting for the Filipino people."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home