Meandering Shawarma

We are all nomads, bedouins and gypsies --- always on our feet in quest for glory, fortune, love, happiness and fulfillment. I am Filipino yet the best part of my life has been spent in the vast deserts of the Middle East. My culture clashed with a lot of things. Sometimes, I see a different person in the mirror. I am a shawarma. I am a meandering shawarma. My quest is to be home soon. How soon? Only this blog will eventually tell.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Echoing "My Senator"

Senator Ramon "Bong" Revilla, Jr., a fellow CaviteƱo was asked about his position on the proposed parliamentary form of government. This is what he said:

"That means we'll have a unicameral form of government and I prefer what we have now, having two houses, the Congress and the Senate. Kapag parliament na, the people will lose their chance of directly choosing the President. Mawawalan din ng checks and balances. Okay, mabilis nga in approving kung anong gusto nila aprubahan, but what happens kung mali naman 'yung gusto nilang paaprubahan, di ba? Ang makikinabang lang diyan, 'yung iilang taong magkokontrol ng gobyerno."


Wow! I never even thought "my senator" would actually take this position considering his extreme loyalty to the Arroyo leadership.

I never voted for him in all the elections he joined even during the first time he sought an elective position because I am not convinced he is prepared to tackle government work. Besides, his father was one of the biggest jokes at the Philippine Senate. However, in fairness to the younger Revilla (Bautista in real life), he seems to be doing fairly well in the Senate unlike another action star who also once served as provincial governor.

Now, I can confidently claim this Revilla as "my senator".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home