Meandering Shawarma

We are all nomads, bedouins and gypsies --- always on our feet in quest for glory, fortune, love, happiness and fulfillment. I am Filipino yet the best part of my life has been spent in the vast deserts of the Middle East. My culture clashed with a lot of things. Sometimes, I see a different person in the mirror. I am a shawarma. I am a meandering shawarma. My quest is to be home soon. How soon? Only this blog will eventually tell.

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Two in a row.

I was pleasantly surprised that I won the FCT Evaluation Contest. I thought Vicky and Albert would perform really very good. It was Saudi Sa'id Al-Hajri and Bahraini Hassanain Al-Saffar who went home with the second and third places respectively.

This is my second first placer at FCT for this year's (2006 actually) contest season. I wanted to give the Humorous Speech a try. I will also join the International Speech Contest.

As usual, my only motivation is to see if I can deliver a memorized speech. Memorizing has not been my virtue. The last time I tried it, the results are disastrous; I would do anything to rid it from my memory.

Anyway, the contests are good diversions to all my serious concerns... and I have so much of them!

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, January 24, 2006 12:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Bro! Di ka man lang nagsabi na nanalo ka. heheheehhe. I remember the first time you joined the international speech category sa club....you went overtime! mag memorize ka kasi! extend my congratulations too to Mr. sa'id.

 
At Sunday, June 01, 2008 11:25:00 AM, Blogger conversations wd me said...

I have always thought you are always a winner in all aspects. Seeing you in photo receiving an award makes me feel proud. I also saw your other previous posts, and I'm fortunate enough to be able to learn your views the more. It will always be my privilege to write about you.

Allow me to say, thank you. And I hope we can talk some time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home