Meandering Shawarma

We are all nomads, bedouins and gypsies --- always on our feet in quest for glory, fortune, love, happiness and fulfillment. I am Filipino yet the best part of my life has been spent in the vast deserts of the Middle East. My culture clashed with a lot of things. Sometimes, I see a different person in the mirror. I am a shawarma. I am a meandering shawarma. My quest is to be home soon. How soon? Only this blog will eventually tell.

Monday, December 04, 2006

Super Typhoon Reming

Everybody has seen the catastrophe in Bicol when the murderous wind and rains brought by super typhoon Reming (international code name: Durian) partnered with the abundant volcanic debris deposited in the slopes of Mount Mayon and wrecked havoc among the hapless Bicolanos.

Now, days and almost a week into the calamity, I wonder why there are still no large-scale relief operations. Have the Filipinos became so inured with our tragic lives that even a calamity of this magnitude cannot move us to help?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home