Meandering Shawarma

We are all nomads, bedouins and gypsies --- always on our feet in quest for glory, fortune, love, happiness and fulfillment. I am Filipino yet the best part of my life has been spent in the vast deserts of the Middle East. My culture clashed with a lot of things. Sometimes, I see a different person in the mirror. I am a shawarma. I am a meandering shawarma. My quest is to be home soon. How soon? Only this blog will eventually tell.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

2.9M households experiencing ‘hunger’ -- survey

Social Weather Station (SWS), one of the premier research organizations in the Philippines released the results of survey where 2.9M Philippine households indicated as experiencing ‘hunger’. This report came on a day when Filipinos are supposed to observe All Saints Day in commemmoration of our dearly departed yet scenes across all cemeteries in the country indicate something else.

More interesting,
51% of the Filipinos say they’re ‘poor’.

I am poor. Many Filipinos are poor. We have been condemned into poverty by a cornucopia of reasons.

I just wonder when shall the Filipino realize that we should not be poor.

When?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home